Everybody who owns or manages a website needs quality traffic. If you want people to find you online the most effective way is to let them find you through search engines. Search Engine Optimization Tips are needed to increase traffic to your website from search engines.
People spend time online to find answers to their queries or to buy a product. Now if you are not on the 1st page of the search engine results, you will miss a great chance of converting a visitor into a lead or customer.
Now the question arises, what are the best Search Engine Optimization Tips to rank higher on the search engines like Google and Bing. Learn ‘What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)‘
There are multiple ways to do SEO. I have identified the top ways to do search engine optimization for websites and blogs. You can use SEO on any type of blog even if you are starting a food blog or any other type of blog. These search engine optimization techniques will help you to improve your website ranks on search engines. Check out the list below:
Search Engine Optimization Tips 1: Produce Relevant Content
People say ‘content is king’ it really is. If you want people to come back to your blog/website. Most important is to produce content that is loved to get read by your target audience.
For this, to work best you need to identify what your audience really wants to read. You must focus on creating content about topics that are trending in the market.
You can use a keyword research tool which is SEMrush which not only helps you in getting the right keyword to target on your website but also with tons of other features like competitor research, site audit, social media tracker, and much more.
Plan your content around keywords with are long tail, this will increase your chances to rank high on search engines.
Search Engine Optimization Tips 2: Optimize for Google BERT algorithm
As we know Google launched the ‘BERT’ algorithm in 2019. BERT is a neural network-based technique for natural language processing (NLP) pre-training called Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers.
This means Google has updated its algorithm to better understand natural language processing. Example: For queries where people use prepositions like “for” and “to”, Google Search will be able to understand the context of the words in the query. So, you need to focus on how your users talk about their problems and needs at each stage of the buyer journey.
For example, if you start a blog about health and your blog about how to lose weight without taking medicine”, your content shouldn’t focus on supplements or any weight control medicine. Instead, it should discuss all of the natural ways to lose weight. For a blogger, I would advise making your content as per the user intent and not just keywords.
Tip 3: Improve your page loading time
It doesn’t really matter how good your content is, if your web page is taking a lot of time to load, nobody will be interested in it. If you are using WordPress, I will recommend the Best WordPress Theme for Blogs using a light theme like Newspaper which actually helps your page to load faster. Check Newspaper WordPress Theme Review to know more.
A slow website is what people hate and when they find the loading time too high they leave your website resulting in a high bounce rate. You can use the Google Page Speed Insights tool to check your website page loading speed.
PageSpeed Insights (PSI) tool reports on the performance of a page on both desktop and mobile devices, and gives suggestions on how to improve that page speed. If you see that your website is running slow, you can follow the tool’s suggestion to improve it.
SEO Tips 4: Optimize for Mobile and Voice Search
In today’s fast-moving world, searches have increased on mobile. That too voice search is increasing day by day. So it becomes really important for you to optimize your website for mobile and voice search.
The first thing you need is a responsive website which loads perfectly on mobile. Once you have a good responsive website you can use rich snippets (it is a short summary of your page which is shown in search engine results like a brief description of the page and its content, author, star ratings, image.
Rich snippets give search engines only the important & precise information to be displayed in the search results. If you are using WordPress then you can use this plugin to add Rich Snippets on your website.
Search Engine Optimization Tips 5: Maximize user engagement on your website
If you want people to remain on your website for a longer time, then you need to make sure your website has content that is engaging. Now the question arises: How to write maximize user engagement on your posts? Here are some great ways:
- Write content that is easy to read, you can utilize spaces, headings, bullet points I have used here. In short, divide your content into multiple parts that are easy to read and understand. Writing a long paragraph without any break is boring for readers
- You can link to relevant internal links on your website to answer their queries
- Use long tail variation in keywords which are additional topics that people might find interesting in your post. If I am writing a blog about SEO so I need to use variations which answer visitors queries about SEO tips for WordPress, ways to do SEO for a website, SEO for a new website, etc
- Include images or videos in your content to engage site users
SEO Tips 6: Focus on Mobile-First Indexing
With the new Google update, your website’s mobile version will be used first for indexing and ranking from July 1, 2019, which has already started now. That is why it is recommended that you use a responsive website design that loads with the same URL on mobile and desktop.
Also, it adjusts the size irrespective of the device your website is opened. This is an important search engine optimization ranking factors so you need to make sure that your website is responsive.
Tip 7: Write Strong Titles for SEO
A quality title tag is required for greater clicks on the search engine results page (SERP). There are 3 essential requirements for writing a good title:
- The length of the title should be within 70 characters. Google will cut anything longer than this length
- Include your target keywords to the start of the title
- If you want to brand yourself, you can write your blog name at the end
Tip 8: Write Good Meta Descriptions for your blog posts
The meta description is the content people see when they see your website in a google search. Now if this is not what they are looking for, chances are they will never click on your website link. To ensure you have a good meta description you need to make sure:
- Length should be within 156 characters
- You should include your primary keywords and a short summary of your article so that people know what they can expect when they land on your website
Search Engine Optimization Tips 9: Use Analytics on your website
Now putting all the hard-working on writing blog posts is in vain if we don’t know who is reading the blog and what action they are taking? I recommend using Google Analytics for tracking.
If you want to implement Google Analytics on WordPress there are a lot of plugins to do so. Or you can use the ‘Google Tag Manager’ to do so.
If you want to know about this check out my blog, How to Install and Configure Google Tag Manager in WordPress. Google Analytics will help you know who is your audience, what action they are taking on your website etc. which will help you optimize your content and marketing efforts.
SEO Tips 10: Use Google Search Console
- Also, link your website to Google Search Console which will help you index and monitor your site’s SEO performance in Google and improve it with time. Below are some of the important things you can do with Google Search Console to boost your SEO efforts:
- You can confirm that Google can find and crawl your website
- Submit your sitemap in XML format to make sure Google indexes those URL’s
- Track who links to your website
- Check which are the keywords and pages who are driving traffic to your website
- Fix indexing problems as Google will notify you if it finds an error on any page crawl
Bonus SEO Tips
My bonus SEO tip for you is to use a Keyword Monitoring tool like Accuranker. You can check my Accuranker Review to know about this tool. This will help you automatically know your current ranking and you can improve them as well.
You can also use long-tail keyword research tools like LongTailPro. You can read my Long Tail Pro Review to know more about this tool. What it will do is help you build content around a long-tail variation of your seed keyword which will help you achieve better rankings with lower competition.
Search Engine Optimization Tips: Conclusion
So in this post, I have marked the 10 important SEO tips you can use for your website. Starting from writing relevant content, optimizing for voice search, and mobile to using Analytics on your website are important for search engine optimization.
So follow these 10 SEO tips and you will be able to improve your website SEO.to Install and Configure Google Tag Manager in Word
Search Engine Optimization Tips Video Tutorial
Check my video below to know the Top 10 Important Search Engine Optimization Tips For Your Website
The best way to do SEO is following these steps:
1. Produce Relevant content for your target audience
2. Optimize for Google’s changing algorithms
3. Improve your page speed
4. Optimize for Mobile and Voice Search
5. Maximizing user engagement on your website
6. Use a responsive website theme to get ready for Mobile-First Indexing
7. Write Strong Titles for SEO
8. Write Good Meta Descriptions
9. Use Analytics on your website
10. Use Google Search Console
Follow these 5 easy steps to Optimize Your Website for Google:
1. Define your target audience
2. Do proper keyword research
3. Write content for human beings and not only for search engines
4. Share your content on social media platforms and be active on forums related to your niche
5. Test, measure your progress using Google Search Console performance reports and Google Analytics
The 3 most important things that can make SEO better are:
2. Quality Backlinks
3. Mobile Optimized website
To rank first on Google you should:
1. Select a niche which can be around the product or service you sell
2. Choose low competition long-tail keywords
3. Do proper On-Page SEO, use your target keywords in headings, title, image, and description
4. Share your content on social media, forums which are related to your niche
5. Get backlinks from quality websites in your niche
These important search engine optimization tips will help you in getting good search ranks. Let me know if you need you have any questions in the comments below.