Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we recommended. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here
If you are looking for a Canva Pro Review you have arrived at the right place. In this review, I will walk you through Canva Pro features, pricing, pros and cons, and some other useful facts. This will help you decide on whether or not you should upgrade to Canva Pro.
Canva is an excellent design tool. It has an easy to use drag and drop feature with predesigned templates to create stunning graphic designs. Canva is free to use for beginners. However, the Canva Pro version upgrade has better features which are very useful.
You might be using Canva free version to create your designs. Also, you probably have wondered whether paying for Canva Pro is worth it? Let us know what makes Canva Pro worth buying.
What Is Canva Pro?
Canva Pro is the premium paid version of Canva. It comes loaded with more helpful features such as 420,000+ free templates, One-click design resizes, 75+ million premium stock images, photos, videos and graphics, and much more.
Canva Pro can be used by bloggers, marketers, businesses, teachers, photographers, graphic designers, and anyone who wants to create stunning designs.
If you are new to Canva you can use it to create graphics, photos, videos of any type. It has multiple templates, vectors, stock images, designs, icons, photos, videos that can be used to create any type of visual design.
You can choose to create a logo, leaderboard ad, Facebook Ad, Video, YouTube thumbnail, Business Card, presentation, Instagram post, flyer, brochure, resume, business proposal, and much more.
Canva is used and loved by millions of people and thousands of organisations. Some of the popular ones are:
Canva Free VS Pro
Canva Free Benefits
The free plan of Canva includes:
- 5 GB Storage – You will get 5 GB of storage space for uploading your designs and assets
- 2 Folders – You can create and use two folders to store your images and designs
- Photos – Access to millions of free images
- 250,000 Templates – Access to more than 250,000 free templates
- 100+ design types – Social media posts, presentations, letters, and more
- Invite Your Team – You can invite team members through email and assign them as admins or members
Canva free version offers quite a good number of features that can help you to create designs. Let us look at the Canva Pro version features.
Benefits of Canva Pro
Canva Pro versions offers you all the features which Canva free version has plus the below ones:
- Magic resize – You can resize your designs into custom dimensions or copy your designs to any size you want
- Animator – Create different animation styles and animated graphics
- Brand Kit – You can customize and organize elements of your brand’s visual identity with color’s, fonts, logos to create designs that fit your brand
- Transparent Background – With the Canva Pro account you can delete distracting backgrounds with a single click and save your graphic images as a transparent PNG file. This function is very useful for creating a logo and other useful graphics
- Custom Templates – Create custom templates and share them with your team for use
- 3000+ Fonts – 3000+ fonts or upload your own
- 420,000+ Premium Templates – 420,000+ premium ready-to-use templates
- 100 GB Storage – Pro user has access to 100 GB of storage for uploading your assets and photos
- Priority Support – With Canva pro you get priority support
- Unlimited Folders – Unlike the two folders you get with Canva free. With Canva Pro you get unlimited folders to organize your images and designs.
Canva Pro is helpful with all the great features it has. The features like resizing, transparent images,100 GB storage are really helpful.
Let us see the key differences between the free and paid version of Canva below:
|Feature||Canva Free||Canva Pro|
|75+ million premium stock photos, videos, audio and graphics free-to-use||No 👎||Yes 👍|
|3000+ fonts||No 👎||Yes 👍|
|Stay on-brand with set and forget brand fonts, colors, and logos||No 👎||Yes 👍|
|100GB storage and Unlimited folders for all your designs||No 👎||Yes 👍|
|One-click resizing with Magic Resize||No 👎||Yes 👍|
|Animations and gifs||No 👎||Yes 👍|
|Priority support||No 👎||Yes 👍|
|Schedule your social media directly from within Canva||No 👎||Yes 👍|
|Transparent backgrounds||No 👎||Yes 👍|
Canva Pro Review – Pros and Cons
Now we know that Canva Pro is better than the free versions with all the great features. Let us look at the pros and cons of using Canva Pro so that we know what we will get when we buy this tool.
I have been using Canva Pro for a long time now. It has helped to create stunning designs for my blog and other requirements. From transparent logos, social media ads, YouTube thumbnails, blog images, e-book covers, etc. I have created all these using Canva Pro.
Ease of Use
What makes Canva a great tool is its simplicity. The design tool is super easy to use. If you compare it with tools like Adobe Photoshop which can be overwhelming and difficult to use for beginners. Canva makes it very easy to create complicated looking designs with its easy to use drag and drop editor.
You don’t need to undergo a lot of training to get started. It is very easy to learn and you can learn the Canva tool in the ‘Getting started with Canva’ section of the online interface below:
This section has tutorials that help you learn all the things you can do with Canva as you can see below. This makes using this tool super easy.
The clean and user-friendly interface is straightforward and easy to use. This is how the Canva Pro homepage looks like:
Some of the things you can do right from the homepage are:
- Create a Design: By clicking on the ‘Create a design’ button on the top right corner you can create anything from a Facebook post, flyer, banner ads, presentation, logo, video, and many more designs.
- All Your Designs: Displays all the designs you created using Canva
- Brand Kit: Customize and organize the key elements of a brand’s visual identity from here
- Create a team: With this, you can invite team members to work on your projects
- All your folders: Access all the folders you have created in your Canva pro account
- Learn: Get access to all Canva tutorial form this button on the top
- Templates: Check all the pre-designed templates from this section
In Canva Pro you can find thousands of beautiful pre-designed templates with are ready to be customized. See a few of them below:
You just need to select any design like Facebook Posts, Instagram Stories, Facebook Covers, Flyers. Presentation or any other design type. These designs can customized as per your requirements.
These pre-designed templates are flexible, professional, and easy to customize. You can change the colors, font, icon, photos, and much more in the templates.
With Canva Pro you can integrate a lot of 3rd party sites which are below:
- Google Maps
These integrations are highly useful and save your time. For example, you can use photos from your Instagram account, Facebook, Giphy, Dropbox, Google Drive, and other platforms with the click of a button.
In addition to this, you can also add Emojis and Embed media (music, video) in your designs. For this, you just need to paste a link from different platforms. Once you click on Embed you will see a screen below.
When you are working in a team this feature is highly useful. You can create your team for enhanced collaboration and communication. This helps to share designs, folders, templates with your team members.
To send an invitation just enter the person’s email Id and provide them access as an admin or member. You can see this in the image below.
With all the Pros, Canva has some Cons too. Let us see them below:
Upload feature is not too great
When you upload an image to Canva, the editing features you get are limited. The only features you get includes crop, adjust, flip, filter, and a couple of others.
You cannot edit individual elements of the uploaded image as you can do with the built-in images and pre-designed templates. So if you are uploading an image in Canva you need to use it as it is. However, the Canva database is full of stunning designs that can be used for almost any purpose.
Canva can’t be used Offline
To use Canva you need to have an internet connection. If you are looking for an offline graphic design tool Canva is not for you. However, in this world of the internet, this doesn’t look a major downside.
How much does Canva Pro cost?
When you upgrade to Canva Pro the following pricing options are available:
- The Canva Pro monthly plan costs $12.95/month. This is billed monthly and you can cancel it any time
- The Canva Pro annual plan costs $9.95/month and is billed annually at $119.40
- If your team is large you can sign up for Canva Enterprise which is available at $30/month
Canva Pro Pricing is reasonable with all the features it provides. You can try it free for 30 days. With Canva Pro you get access to the premium photos and templates which are not available in the free plan.
Canva Pro Review – Conclusion
At the end of this Canva Pro Review, I can say that Canva Pro is a must-have design tool for your business. This tool is good for bloggers, writers, entrepreneur, marketers, designers, or anyone who need to design graphics.
Canva Pro comes loaded with helpful features such as 420,000+ free templates, One-click design resizes, 75+ million premium stock images, photos, videos and graphics, and much more.
The best part of this tool is its ease of use. Even a newbie can create stunning designs be it a logo, web banners, ad copies, and much more. The 30-day free trial of Canva Pro is an excellent option to start.
I have been using Canva Pro myself and I can say it has saved my time and money in designing excellent designs. Canva Pro pricing is also reasonable so just give it a try and you will fall in love with it.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Canva Pro is worth it if you are looking to save your time and money in getting your designs ready. If you hire a graphic designer you need to pay a lot of money to get your designs ready. With Canva Pro priced at just $12.95 per month, you can create these designs with the pre-designed templates easily.
Canva Pro can help you use stunning pre-designed templates to create great looking designs. You can access all your designs from the dashboard, invite and collaborate with team members. Also, you can use the brand kit to customize and organize the key elements of a brand’s visual identity.
Both of the tools are good in their own ways. Canva is created to people who are not designers, while Photoshop is a professional tool meant for graphic designers who have knowledge about graphic designing. If you are a newbie with no design experience I would recommend to try Canva as it helps you to create stunning designs without any advanced design skills.
With Canva you can create high-quality videos in minutes. Creating videos is very easy with the drag-and-drop tool. Canva has pre-built video templates that you can use to create videos without the need to start everything from scratch.
Both Canva and Adobe Illustrator are used widely by bloggers, business owners, and designers to create designs. Canva is an easy to use drag and drop online design tool which is most widely used by bloggers and small business owners. So, yes professionals use Canva to create designs. While Canva is easy-to-learn but it is limited in customization, while Adobe Illustrator is completely customizable but takes a little longer to learn. So you can use Canva if you have limited time and want to create your designs without the need for a designer.
I hope this Canva Pro Review helped you to decide over this tool. If you have any questions let me know in the comments below.