Finding the Best WordPress Themes For Blogs is a tough task. With so many WordPress themes in the market. The decision to go with the best WordPress Theme is really difficult. To make this easy I have listed the best WordPress Themes with their best features which you can use for your blog.
Having a good WordPress theme is extremely important if you want to run a successful blog. If you are starting a blog the first thing you need to decide is the blog hosting (This is where your blog is hosted online). I recommend Bluehost if you are just starting out as it is good for new bloggers due to its ease of use and excellent hosting environment.
My 5 Favorite Best WordPress Themes For Blogs
WordPress is by far the best content management system you can use for your blog. It is good due to its ease of use, supports all types of websites, can be easily managed and multiple other factors. Now once you decide on using WordPress. You need to know the best WordPress Themes for blogs that you can use.
These WordPress themes are not free and are premium. Free themes you should avoid because of the limitation they have so if you are serious about your blog you should always use a premium WordPress theme.
Premium themes also help you increase traffic to your website because they are SEO friendly. You can promote offers from ShareASale on this theme to earn money from your blog. Check my ShareASale Review to know more about ShareASale. Check SEMrush Tutorial to know how to use SEMrush in your SEO efforts.
Check my list below for the Best WordPress Themes For Blogs which solve different purpose:
|Theme Name||Download Link|
|1. Newspaper (Best For News/Magazine Blog)||Newspaper WordPress Theme|
|2. BeTheme (Best For any kind of blog)||BeTheme|
|3. Genesis Theme (the most customizable WordPress theme)||Genesis Theme|
|4. Flatsome (Best for eCommerce)||Flatsome Theme|
|5. Neptune (Best for Food blogs)||Neptune|
Let us look into theme one by one:
1. Newspaper Best WordPress Theme for News/Magazine Blogs
As the name suggests. Newspaper theme is a great WordPress theme that works perfectly for News/Magazine blog. This theme can handle a large amount of content like videos made from Camtasia or text-based posts created for reading, which is necessary for a news/magazine blog. You can also use automatic content creation software like Articoolo to create content for your blog.
Advantages of the Newspaper WordPress theme which makes it one of the Best WordPress Themes For Blogs:
- Easy to use drag and drop page builder
- No coding skills required to create a blog
- It is fast and responsive designed so it works perfectly on all types of devices
- Has Excellent theme support
- 80+ complete unique website demos which can be used to create a different type of blog apart from News/Magazine as well
- Comes with 8 premium plugins
- FREE lifetime updates
I have written a detailed Newspaper WordPress Theme Review which you can check to know more about this theme.
2. BeTheme – Best Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme for Blogs
BeTheme is a multipurpose WordPress theme which I will recommend to you for any type of blog you are looking to create.
Advantages of BeTheme which makes it one of the Best WordPress Themes For Blogs:
- 500+ Website Demos which means you have the option to create Cafe, Astrology, Hotel, Shopping, IT, Car Rentals, Wedding Planner, Food blogs and the list goes on
- BeTheme has Customizable Header Styles
- You can generate shortcodes
- BeTheme is fully customizable
- It is SEO friendly
- It is responsive and retina ready
- Has RTL support for languages like Arabic, Urdu, Hebrew, Persian language blogs
- FREE lifetime updates
I have written a detailed BeTheme Review which you can check to know more about this theme.
3. Genesis Theme – Best WordPress Theme For Blogs – Easily Customizable
Genesis Theme is a framework which makes it the most customizable WordPress theme. All you need to do in Genesis is get the Genesis framework, choose a skin that you want to use and start customizing your new theme. This theme is sold by WP Engine which is an excellent managed WordPress hosting company. You can check my WP Engine Review as well to know about WP Engine.
This is a WordPress theme that is super easy to use as you need no coding knowledge to use or customize this theme. You will get a stylish and good looking blog within a short span of time using the Genesis theme framework.
Advantages of Genesis Theme which makes it one of the Best WordPress Themes For Blogs:
- Genesis framework Supports Schema.org code, which allows you to output microdata in your site’s code. This enhances your site’s search engine optimization (SEO) even further
- You get unlimited support for 1 year. Unlimited updates. Unlimited websites
- Offers great security to WordPress
- Child theme support
- Automatic theme and WordPress updates support
- Custom Widgets & Layout Options
- Auto-Sized Featured Images
- One-Click Demo Install
- Ad Support
- Well documented with a good number of tutorials
4. Flatsome | Best WordPress Theme for E-commerce Blogs
Flatsome is a WordPress theme that is good for E-commerce blogs. This theme is made exclusively for WooCommerce and online stores. So we can say that Flatsome is a WordPress shopping theme.
You might be not be knowing about WooCommerce. WooCommerce is an open-source, completely customizable eCommerce platform for businesses worldwide. So by using WooCommerce, you can create beautiful E-commerce stores that can be used to sell products online.
Advantages of Flatsome Theme which makes it one of the Best WordPress Themes For Blogs:
- Easy Drag & Drop Page Builder so no coding is needed to create your blog
- Flatsome let you customize your site in a live customizer
- Very regularly updated
- Multiple 1-click shop demos
- Let’s customers find products quickly with an optional Live Search dropdown
- Quick Add To Cart button
- Add To Wishlist feature
- Mobile Optimized design
- Excellent support
So, Flatsome is a great WordPress theme for shopping websites. It has all the tools you need to create fast, responsive blogs that have a better user experience.
5. Neptune – Best WordPress Theme For Food Blogs
The Neptune WordPress theme is perfect if you want to start a food blog and has good reviews. Created with food bloggers in mind, show off your personal cooking blog with a simple and clean layout, sliding featured recipes and plenty more.
Neptune theme is, in particular, centered on food bloggers and integrated with some high-quality capabilities like an extremely good easy to use elements builder, nutritional information container and informative steps with photographs for making it easy for your followers to cook your recipes. This theme demo version looks like below:
Advantages of Neptune Theme which makes it one of the Best WordPress Themes For Blogs:
- Responsive design
- Full support for Google Rich snippets to boost your SEO rankings
- Unique Touch-friendly Featured Recipes Slider
- 7 Different Blog Layouts
- Full Support for Contact Form 7
- Ingredients block
- Nutritional data block
- Recipe steps with photos and cooking time
- Powerful Theme Options Panel
- Social Media Icons in Header and Footer
- Translation Ready
- Servings facts, difficulty records for each recipe
- User can put up recipes
- User can bookmark recipes they like
With so many WordPress themes in the market. If maybe a tough decision for you to know which one is the Best WordPress Themes For Blogs. Now as you can see most of the WordPress themes mentioned in this article are focusing on a single niche. Let me make this simple for you.
1. Newspaper Theme – This theme is recommended if you are running a News/Magazine blog.
2. BeTheme – This theme you can use for any kind of blog other than a News/Magazine/food/E-commerce blog.
3. Genesis Theme – If you want to change a lot of things in your WordPress blog. That is a lot of customization that is needed in your WordPress blog. Then I recommend using the Genesis theme framework as this is the most customizable WordPress theme.
4. Flatsome Theme – This WordPress theme is good if you are running an E-commerce blog or website as it has all the features which are best suited for an online shopping store website.
5. Neptune Theme – This theme is best suited if you are running a food blog.
Frequently Asked Questions
WordPress as a software is free to use on your blog. To use WordPress on your blog you need a hosting service. Which I recommend can be Bluehost. Rest you can use WordPress FREE themes or premium themes on a price. This depends on your requirements. But you can use WordPress software with FREE themes and plugins on a blog. For advanced features, you need to either buy a plugin or a premium theme.
A WordPress theme is a collection of files (style sheets, code, and graphics) the is responsible for the overall look of your WordPress powered blog or website. You can change or manage a WordPress theme by going to Appearance>>Themes. There are several free and paid WordPress themes available in the market. WordPress themes make it easy to change the look and feel of your website by having an editing option in the theme panel. This helps you to create a website or a blog easily without writing any code.
WordPress as a content management system (CMS) is good for SEO. The reasons are
1. WordPress code is clean and easily customizable to improve website speed.
2. You can add metadata like Meta Descriptions, focus keywords, meta title easily using an SEO plugin like Yoast so it helps in on-page optimization.
3. Adding headings like H2, H3, H4 is very easy in WordPress.
4. You can add structured data to your posts using different plugins and themes which support the same in WordPress
5. With so many plugins and themes, it is very easy to frequently update your website or blog and this boosts SEO as your website content is frequently updated
Check SEMrush Tutorial to know how to use SEMrush in your SEO efforts.
Yes, buying a premium WordPress theme gives you a lot of features that make your website look more professional. FREE themes mostly come with limitations and you need to upgrade to a premium WordPress Theme if you need to add features that make your website or blog better. Paying for a WordPress theme also helps you to improve your SEO, increase your blog or website page loading time, make your website more user friendly and much more.
Yes, WordPress themes are technically a one time purchase. These themes come with a license that you can mostly use on a single domain. The theme updates are FREE for lifetime. The only thing which you need to pay after a certain amount of time which varies from 6 months to 1 year is the theme support. If you need that you can opt to pay for it. Apart from this most of the premium WordPress themes are purchase for one time and you can use them for a lifetime.
1. Know your niche, Your WordPress theme should be as per your niche. Be it food, E-commerce, etc
2. Check whether the WordPress theme is responsive or not
3. Your WordPress theme should be light and fast in use
4. It should be easily customizable
5. The theme should be SEO friendly
6. Do look for a premium theme if you want a professional-looking blog
Themeforest is an excellent marketplace which helps you to get premium WordPress theme and plugins. To install a ThemeForest theme you need to first but the theme and get the zip file containing all the theme files. Then go to Appearance > Themes and upload the theme file in the WordPress panel. Once you upload you will get an option to install and then activate the theme from the WordPress theme panel.